With holidays just right around the corner, we all tend to become more distracted with the daily demands of life, you are not alone. We have family gatherings, kids go to practice, spousal needs, shopping, finances, school, traffic and just down time.
These competing priorities can become overwhelming and sometimes it’s hard to focus on the task at hand. Below are some of the tasks that help us stay focused on the job.
- Daily Safety Inspection (foreman) – this will help find any unsafe conditions, correct the job site working condition if necessary communicate to all necessary groups (i.e., sup, safety manager, team) or report the problem.
- Daily Huddle (team) – understand your specific task for the day, what the expectations for completion are, what the possible hazards are and how to stay safe while working, discuss specific safety measures for specific tasks.
- Inspect all tools and equipment to ensure they are suitable for use. If not take the proper steps to have equipment repaired to discarded.
- Stretching Program (all) – I’m Alert! I’m Alive! I Feel Great!!! Get the blood flowing and ready for the days’ work.
- Look out for each other and your surroundings, our environment is constantly changing around us.
- Communication – Talk it out, respect each other, and take action. Don’t be nervous about asking for help. We want to be sure you go home each day the same way you came to work. You are the eyes and ears of our company; we want to hear from you. Don’t assume we already know if there is an issue. Report it as soon as you see a problem.
- Doing our part – We have seen a lot of positive results in the past two years, due to everyone doing their part in staying safe and producing quality work. Our goal is to have zero injuries; we all play a part in making that happen. There is always room for improvement Ultimately, you are the winner.
- Taking shortcuts / being complacent
- Being unaware of your surroundings, walking surfaces and equipment in use
- Using faulty or damaged equipment, don’t assume we know, report it
- Hiding problems, it doesn’t help us and causes more harm
- Doing unsafe acts, it’s not worth the risk to your life or those around you
- Making assumptions, if you are not sure, ask
We can't make this happen without you.